I have finally finished some things & I have stopped long enough to blog them.
First up, my patchwork group are holding our quilt show over the Easter weekend and as one of the 2 Quilt Show Co-coordinators I thought I should really get my act together & get some quilts in.
This 1st finish is a collaborative effort for our Club. It is a care quilt, the top was pieced by another member from great kid fabrics & I just had to quilt & bind. Well, it has been in my house for almost 12 months & was lost in a box when we moved house. When I unearthed it, it was the first to get into the FINISHED pile.
"The Toy Box"
Number 2 is a favourite of mine.
"Send in the Clowns" has also been made as a Care Quilt for our club to give away but I made it myself & I have fallen in love with it.
I hope it makes some child happy.
"Send In the Clowns"
Here is a close up of the happy clown
and the rainbow spotty border. How could that not make you smile?
Number 3 is a quilt I quilted for a friend. Same story as above, was buried when we moved house & needed to get finished. Becc named this one Friendship Jelly as it was a work of friends.
Number 4 - "Little Boxes, Little Boxes" made from 2 x 1/2 Jelly Rolls of Bunny Hill by Moda. This quilt top was made as a 'demonstrator' for my market stall. It has been a top for about 12 months & I finally managed to pull it out and quilt it.
"Little Boxes, Little Boxes"
Number 5 - unfortunately I can't show you the whole project as it is a Challenge for the Quilt Show & needs to remain a suprise, but it is finished (only 16 x 12 inches).
I am obviously a deadline girl. 5 finishes in 1 month. 2 more in the works.
I need a quilt show every 3 months to keep me on track I think.
I actually had this finished a couple of weeks ago, but had to wait to post it until after my day of the Uncommonly Corduroy Book Blog Hop. Stephanie from Loft Creations had asked me to test a pattern for her upcoming book over a year ago. The test did not include the quilting of the quilt itself so the top remained in the UFO pile. With the Blog Hop approaching, I knew I wanted to show it finished…..sew….ta da….. It was a great scrap bin project.