Monday, May 6, 2013

A big one done......

This was on my list for 2012 Sew It's Finished...

... and this is the progress I made last year.....



now it is done and on my bed ready for Winter's chill


Big quilt.... 200 x 221cm 


I bought a cream on white backing for the background otherwise it is all scraps
(with a little bit of help from my friends) 


many hours of fun piecing this one....  piecing, chain stitch stems, needleturn leaves, hundreds of HST's and little piano key type piecing....


... you can see how thrilled I am to have it done....


this quilt is on the back cover of Material Obsession and is designed by Kathy Doughty 


.... you can see the similarity ..........

.... this is my new all time favourite quilt.....


This has been a UFO for two years running... glad to knock it off the list for Sew It's Finished
thanks Dawn and Wendy for encouraging us to get something done each month....

Righto, Gotto Go... I hear the winter chills are on their way.... glad I've got something to cuddle under.....

 



12 comments:

sunny said...

I love the picture where you're throwing it up in the air. It's a beautiful quilt, and a lot of work.

Noela said...

How wonderful to finish this beautiful quilt Fiona. Love the photo of the quilt wrapped around you. Hugs....

Marilyn said...

What a beautiful quilt, Fiona. Well done on having it finished. Love the photos you have shared.

Dora, the Quilter said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! Including the hundreds of half-square triangles!

Unknown said...

Fiona, well done! It is a beautiful quilt. :)

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

That is beautiful. Well done.

Susan said...

I am still totally in awe of this...

Maureen Clare said...

Totally gorgeous. I can see it is a huge quilt and top marks for giving recognition to the actual designer. Very self-less. I love the photo of you throwing it up in the air, too. Hugs

Wendyb said...

Oh Fiona, what a beautiful way to celebrate winter and a finish......it's magnificent!!!! Love the copycat photo shoot.....hope you sent a copy to Kathy...she'd love it!!!!
xox sew many hugs
Wendy :O)

Quiltingranny said...

Amazing quilt Fiona and I love the excitement you displayed when it was done!

Maria said...

WOW!!! What a fabulous finish and I can see why it's your new favourite..

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Beautiful quilt Fiona! I love all your action shots too. I think it's fun and frustrating photographing our quilts.

I wonder if your quilt is the largest finish so far this year?