I had this block sitting in my pile of block to make something with when I saw a photo of a heat pad that a friend had made and I then knew what this lone little block needed to be made into. I originally cut the background shape for a table runner but somehow cut this one the wrong size so I put it aside for another day as I can't throw fabric away -it's an illness, I can't help it. Then I made a quilt with this flower and decided to add one to the left over octagon and then it sat in a plastic bag for 3 years. I added two layers of insulbrite, quilted it with diagonal lines coming from the flowers and bound it in a coordinating fabric form the Woodlands Bloom range. I made the mistake of not pinning it enough and it moved hence the flower not being central. Despite that I think it looks great and will use it quite often.