I had made some blocks for a quilt last year (called 'On The Shelf')... but then it got put in the UFO box as I really wasn't liking it.
But, as I have been really enjoying making mug rugs and placemats this year, I decided to use those blocks to make mug rugs instead.
And they look lovely. I've only got one almost finished... but you will get the drift:
ABOVE: All the mug rugs ready for binding. I have been sewing the binding on the back first, then flipping it and sewing it on the front too... OMGosh, talk about so much easier and faster than hand sewing the binding on the back. I know it's kinda 'cheating', but I don't care!
ABOVE: Some of the many mug rugs and placemats I've been making.
There's some there that I started last year too.... but some are new projects too.
Once I have finished sewing Christmas presents (everyone is getting mug rugs and placemat sets!)... I really want to move onto getting my Dresden Plate quilt finished.
I keep putting it off as it's such a large project.
Right, I'm off to see what you all have been up to!