Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I love this quilt............ (finish #14)

April 2010 I started with this ..............
I had done quite a bit of it but have been stalling with the quilting and binding


thanks to the prompting of Sew It's Finished
I now have this...........


Lots of applique in the centre and the outside border
34 roses and lots of leaves


hand stitching of leaves and vines


pretty backing


difficult to show the quilting
~ in the ditch around the roses ~
~ a vine of leaves round the larger blue border ~
~ large roses quilted over the squares ~


size to top a double bed


I love it
It's going to my eldest daughter
her first quilt
from her mum


It's a surprise for her so I can't show it on my blog
Lucky I can show it here


13 comments:

BubzRugz said...

..

Leeanne said...

Wow!! Good for you this IS beautiful

marina said...

what a beautiful quilt. Love it!
The roses are so effective.

Maria said...

Lucky Daughter Fiona. Beautiful applique and quilting.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful quilt. The roses are SO effective. Lucky Daughter.
Can you tell me what the pattern is?

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Fiona; it is just beautiful; really.
Your daughter will treasure it for sure...

sunny said...

Beautiful! She is going to love snuggling with it.

Liz said...

that is beautiful. Your work is spectacular!!!1

Doris said...

It's lovely. Quite an unusual colour combination but it works so well together.

Craft to Do said...

Love the colours on this quilt and also the simple shadow applique. Great job. Sandra

Chris H said...

It's gorgeous!
#14 !!! You have been a busy girl.

Sue said...

It's turned out beautifully! Is it one of Anne Gadsby's designs? Your daughter should love it. Hugs n Blessings from Sue.

RobynLouise said...

Gorgeous quilt, beautiful colours and lovely handwork. A job well done!