If you wish to join please email us your details and we will send an invite if we have space to, if no space available we will add your name to our waiting list and we will email you to join us as soon as a spot is available.

Thanks Dawn and Wendy
x


Monday, September 12, 2011

Another Finish

Can you tell I have been on a Christmas/winter quilt kick lately? This is another UFO that had been sitting around for awhile and I decided to finish it. It is a prayer quilt. For those who do not know what a prayer quilt is, it is a quilt that I begin praying scriptures over for the new owner.



I never know who the owner will wind up being, but believe whoever receives this will be blessed by it.


It is a bit Wonky and that is why I love this so much! All the fabrics represent winter season or Christmas.


I love the rich colors in the backing fabric I picked out and as you can see, I did some basic quilting on this one, machine stitching straight across from top to bottom.

















10 comments:

Maria said...

A beautiful finish.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Like you I pray over my quilts too! Especially when they're for children....it's a bit like holding them in my arms, don't you think? blessings, marlene

Fiona said...

What a lovely idea it is to pray while you sew..... and I love the quilt.... such fun...
Hugz

bere said...

Obrigada pelo carinhoso comentário.
Estarei aqui tb te visitando.
Teu blog é lindo.
Bjo
Bere

GittaS said...

Tolle Farben,
wunderschön ist Dein Quilt geworden.
Liebe Grüße
Gitta

Lasso the Moon said...

So pretty! Well done.
Anna

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

A very lovely finished and I am sure it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving your lovely comment. Hugs Judy

Esther Joy said...

You are a reminder to me today of all the projects I need to finish! The first one is an income tax issue - and Sam has dibs on that! Another is a quilt made out of my husband's ties, but I think I'll save that for winter!

Sara said...

Oh they are so adorable, I love the colors you used, and they are perfectly done, you have some talent! Your blog is lovely and I am a new follower! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!

Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

Chris H said...

Very very pretty and as you said, whoever gets it will love it I'm sure.