Monday, February 4, 2013

2013 first finish

Finally finished something from last year's project list.  I started a special bag to be donated to Jody Anderson's call to support breast cancer surgery patients - see her website if you want more info and the pattern for the bag.  
The bag is used to carry/cover drainage tubes needed for up to 3 months after surgery, and is one way of caring for these men and women at a very difficult time in their lives.

I started mine with the usual good intentions, but my brain got in the way, as it refused to function on all cylinders when I read the instructions.  The project was put aside.  However, the pattern is actually easy to follow.   I was having a good day today, so finished a bag in jacaranda blue, with a strip of pretty floral fabric across the centre to individualise it.  Photo to follow.

More projects on the way - thanks to the ladies who made suggestions and comments about tackling my list.


Outback Crafter - Debra said...

Yeah Lizz. Well done. There will be one happy bag recipient out there soon. Isn't it frustrating when your brain doesn't want to process the instructions.
Well done.

Susan said...

Great idea - I have grand plans to make many of these - never seem to get there though.