If you wish to join please email us your details and we will send an invite if we have space to, if no space available we will add your name to our waiting list and we will email you to join us as soon as a spot is available.

Thanks Dawn and Wendy
x


Thursday, April 11, 2013

Sewing for swaps

I have spent my time this week sewing my swap obligations, for my table runner swap.  As the organiser  of this swap I had a odd number so was paired with Jan and Maria so they get one each .
The pattern that I used was by Dawn, and was in our gift bags at the lets get stitched Adelaide quilting retreat that I attended last month.  The pattern allows you to make two runners from one charm pack, I changed the second one slightly adding a boxed border on each end ( right side)
.

IMG_0123 
The charm pack is in lovely rich autumn tones of greens, oranges and browns with some lovely teal as well.  I think its a nice colour scheme as we are in autumn now.  I also received this charm pack at the Lets get stitched retreat.

Here is a couple of individual photos of each runner.

 
IMG_0120
IMG_0119

5 comments:

Susan said...

What lovely swap presents!

Cathy said...

You've done a great job on the runners~ ♥♥♥

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Love the runners. I like projects that use charm squares especially if I can get two out of one charm pack. I really like the first one where you added the square boxes to the ends. Great job!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Lovely runners

Chris H said...

They are both lovely, well done on your finishes.