Thursday, August 29, 2013

Finally a finish


I started my Scrappy Cheddar Squares quilt in March of 2012 and finally managed to get the binding on it this week.  I used wool batting in this quilt and I really like the way it makes the feathers stand out.
This quilt is made up of 2176 two inch squares sashed with two inch cheddar strips and two inch cornerstones.
The blocks are 11 inches unfinished.
If you would like to read more about how I made Scrappy Cheddar you can go here.
  

I am enjoying reading about everyones UFO finishes.
Happy Stitching,
Nancy

10 comments:

Average Quilter said...

I really like this one. I have a ton of 2" squares that might now have a purpose

Maria said...

A great Srappy Quilt.

Lorene Holbrook said...

Hi Nancy, I follow your blog, saw this a day or two ago. I have a full drawer of 2" sqs, so I started sewing them together! I LOVE this quilt!!! I don't feel bad about starting another quilt, since I have all these squares cut. it was just waiting to be sewn!!! thanks for the inspiration!

Fiona said...

fabulous scrappy quilt...
Hugz

Annie said...

I love this quilt...finishes feel good...especially such lovely ones.

Anthea said...

Fabulous work Nancy! such a lot of work there... I'll pop over to your blog for a further look... Anthea

Susan said...

Looks really scrappy - a good way to use up some of your "bits"

Needled Mom said...

I love the colors! That is really beautiful.

Maureen Clare said...

Truly awesome, love the organized scrappy look

Chris H said...

WOW! That quilt is stunning. Well done Chick.