Thursday, August 22, 2013

They are done!

Hi everyone!  Remember the blog hop I was in?  I had two quilts I had quilted and just needed to do the binding?  THEY. ARE. DONE!  Yeah!

I didn't think I would ever get them done.  first is the shepherd quilt.  I needed to give the sheep eyes and do the binding.  All done!


That's Miss Priss and Diesel checking out the quilt.  I tried several times to take a picture without them.  the cats would not cooperate........


This is Winter Wonderland #2.  It's called that because this is the 2nd quilt with the same name - different pattern. 


I was so excited, because I used minkee for the back!  all I can say?  Oh boy!!!  I was in the car, traveling while binding the quilt.  No, I wasn't driving.  Bruce was driving so the car was extra cold.  it felt very nice to have that quilt on me.  The quilt is heavy, because it has batting in it also.  the back is so incredibly soft.  I will definitely do this again. 

this makes # 52 and 53.  12 1/2 yards busted.  I am a happy girl.  only a gazillion more UFOs to go!  LOL

hugs

Lorene

12 comments:

Passionate Quilter said...

Way to go! They look great and you are just barreling right along!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Merry Christmas! and Baaa Baaa Black sheep....both are so cute and cuddly.

Needled Mom said...

Minky backing is always so fun and soooo soft. Nice finishes.

Susan said...

Wionderful! x 2!!

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

Well done.
I love the shepherd quilt. Who designed that pattern?

Studio V said...

Adorable!!

Fiona said...

Fabulous quilts..
Hguz

Maureen Clare said...

My goodness you are on a roll. Gorgeous

Lorene Holbrook said...

thanks everyone! I really appreciated you kind words!

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

How Baaaeautiful.

e said...

congratulations on your finishes, they're beautiful.

Chris H said...

OOOO I like them! Very cute.