Sorry I'm late adding my finishes again - I've just got home from 4 day quilters' retreat at beautiful Mannum, right beside Murray River. Perfect weather, company and an opportunity to finish long overdue projects.
First item was a challenge begun in 2006, to choose a picture in a magazine, then re-create in fabric, including one piece of fabric we were given by our group co-ordinator. I used it to make the water feature/urn. We were required to machine stitch everything, which I found very difficult. It got put away when I found lots of raw edges that I'd missed the first time round ... but, at last it is completed.
Second is a cross-stitched platypus that I did years ago when my eyesight was reasonable, but I never got round to framing it. Now it is ready to hang, along with a complementary panel of Australian animals, that included a platypus, and I used the same 'watery' fabric for both projects. This 3rd project has only waited 5 years for attention!
So pleased these are done, and I made good progress on 2 more projects that have been waiting for me for 3 or 4 years, so hopefully there'll be more to reveal next month.