Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Only took 8 years...

I finally finished this block of the month project, quilted, bound & all!  I started it back in 2003 at my first BOM club ever.  What I learned from finishing this project is how far I have come. 

I only had to redo one block because instead of 1/4" seam allowance, I apparently used almost 1/2"!  I also had to put cheater strips around each block so that I could make them all the same size, before putting the sashing on.

I went to my friend's house to use her longarm & really worked on my quilting techniques.  I got really good at doing feathers!

I still have many UFOs to finish, but I just can't resist starting new stuff!

Piece out!
K

7 comments:

Siobhan said...

Well done. Now you can sit back and admire it :)

Wendyb said...

Welcome Kris...you've certainly joined the right place!!! What a great finish....I bet you feel faaaaan-tastic!!! The girls will certainly encourage and inspire you, thats for sure!!!!
conratulations!
sew many hugs
Wendy x :o)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

What a great job you did....I love the look of the strips around the blocks ...nice work...

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

Thats a great achievement - 8 years is a little while (though I have a quilt I started in 1990 stil as a UFO!). Like you I LOVE new projects and dont finish all of them when I should.

Chris H said...

8 years, but totally worth it! It's gorgeous.

RobynLouise said...

It looks lovely and it gives me confidence that I will eventually finish my first quilt that I have blocks for from 4 years ago! Just have to get the inspiration to do it.
Cheers,
RobynK