If you wish to join please email us your details and we will send an invite if we have space to, if no space available we will add your name to our waiting list and we will email you to join us as soon as a spot is available.

Thanks Dawn and Wendy
x


Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Only took 8 years...

I finally finished this block of the month project, quilted, bound & all!  I started it back in 2003 at my first BOM club ever.  What I learned from finishing this project is how far I have come. 

I only had to redo one block because instead of 1/4" seam allowance, I apparently used almost 1/2"!  I also had to put cheater strips around each block so that I could make them all the same size, before putting the sashing on.

I went to my friend's house to use her longarm & really worked on my quilting techniques.  I got really good at doing feathers!

I still have many UFOs to finish, but I just can't resist starting new stuff!

Piece out!
K

7 comments:

Siobhan said...

Well done. Now you can sit back and admire it :)

Wendy B said...

Welcome Kris...you've certainly joined the right place!!! What a great finish....I bet you feel faaaaan-tastic!!! The girls will certainly encourage and inspire you, thats for sure!!!!
conratulations!
sew many hugs
Wendy x :o)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

What a great job you did....I love the look of the strips around the blocks ...nice work...

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

Thats a great achievement - 8 years is a little while (though I have a quilt I started in 1990 stil as a UFO!). Like you I LOVE new projects and dont finish all of them when I should.

Chris H said...

8 years, but totally worth it! It's gorgeous.

Stitchin' time said...

It looks lovely and it gives me confidence that I will eventually finish my first quilt that I have blocks for from 4 years ago! Just have to get the inspiration to do it.
Cheers,
RobynK