If you wish to join please email us your details and we will send an invite if we have space to, if no space available we will add your name to our waiting list and we will email you to join us as soon as a spot is available.

Thanks Dawn and Wendy
x


Tuesday, August 2, 2011

1st finish- trip around the world dollquilt

8 months passed and my first finish is a fact.


This one isn't meant for Joris, but doesn't he look cute this way? It's Pippi's doll quilt.
I made this quilt with the leftovers of a bigger quilt that I still have to finish. But I made progress on that one; all borders are attached and the sandwich is made and I have even started quilting (during summer quilting this one is quite hot so I've postponed that to colder days).


Making the sandwich used to be something I didn't like, so tops became UFO's but after having read about the micro stitch on a blog and having this tried out this problem disappeared.
What helped as well is having a design wall behind my bed. I made great progress on tops that were put on.
I hope these tips can help others.

More finishes on the way!
Diana

6 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love the trip around the world quilt! Is that applique I see peeping through at the top? Please tell me about the micro stitch? I've never heard of it and I hate sandwiching quilts so I need to know! blessings, marlene

Maria said...

How cute is Joris under that wee quilt.
lovely finish

Leeanne said...

Great quilts, I really like the house one, good on you!

Chris H said...

WEll done on your finish. It's a really cute quilt.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I love the large quilt with the applique in the center....could you explain the micro stitch to me also; not sure what it is...thank you

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Such a cute quilt and love that Joris is "modeling" it for you :o) & what a beautiful large quilt! Yes, please do tell...what is a micro stitch?

Blessings & Aloha!