Tuesday, August 2, 2011

1st finish- trip around the world dollquilt

8 months passed and my first finish is a fact.


This one isn't meant for Joris, but doesn't he look cute this way? It's Pippi's doll quilt.
I made this quilt with the leftovers of a bigger quilt that I still have to finish. But I made progress on that one; all borders are attached and the sandwich is made and I have even started quilting (during summer quilting this one is quite hot so I've postponed that to colder days).


Making the sandwich used to be something I didn't like, so tops became UFO's but after having read about the micro stitch on a blog and having this tried out this problem disappeared.
What helped as well is having a design wall behind my bed. I made great progress on tops that were put on.
I hope these tips can help others.

More finishes on the way!
Diana

6 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love the trip around the world quilt! Is that applique I see peeping through at the top? Please tell me about the micro stitch? I've never heard of it and I hate sandwiching quilts so I need to know! blessings, marlene

Maria said...

How cute is Joris under that wee quilt.
lovely finish

Leeanne said...

Great quilts, I really like the house one, good on you!

Chris H said...

WEll done on your finish. It's a really cute quilt.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I love the large quilt with the applique in the center....could you explain the micro stitch to me also; not sure what it is...thank you

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Such a cute quilt and love that Joris is "modeling" it for you :o) & what a beautiful large quilt! Yes, please do tell...what is a micro stitch?

Blessings & Aloha!