Monday, August 15, 2011

Wee baby Cathedral Windows quilt

I have had this little baby, hand-pieced, Cathedral Windows quilt in the "works" for some time...started...then set aside...then worked on...stored away...and pulled out and worked on...etc...

I know that it is just a little baby quilt...and I should have completed this ages ago!

*I debated sewing down the edge so that it would be a straight edge, but decided on keeping it as it is, cuz I really liked the zig zag edges or corner points*
  
*It is two panels of the scrappy fabric squares sewn on a muslin background. Each panel is about 23 inches wide by 46 inches long...so overall, it is 46 inches by 46 inches.*

But yay! I have it finally completed and it's ready for a future grandbaby...

For the complete story and a few more photos, please take a peek at my post: Quilt...completed...

If you would like, you can read more about this quilt here: "Q is for Quilt"  
or on this post, I've shared some other quilts, here: Quintessential Quilts and Quilting Quandry

(And if you do get a chance to visit, please leave a comment on those posts, so that I know you stopped by.)

I appreciate all of you and am inspired by all the lovely quilts & projects completed and shown here.
*Blessings & Aloha!*


8 comments:

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

That is absolutely gorgeous! Wow wow.
~Monika in Canada

Unknown said...

I love the colors & scallops. Beautiufl.

Would you be so kind to leave a comment on my BLOG ONLY (no emails) thru the 18th, for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

Have a beautiful weekend.
Hugs,
TTFN ~
Marydon
blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

Chris H said...

Your baby quilt is gorgeous. The first quilt I ever made was a Cathedral Windows Quilt... but I put sashings between the blocks... it looks stunning too.

Leeanne said...

Very, very pretty!

Sharon said...

Sew pretty!!!

debbie @ happy little cottage said...

This is beautiful! It really does look like stained glass with so many wonderful colors.

lauren carney said...

you are the quilting queen! this is epic! x

Wendyb said...

I'm working on a cathedral windows quilt at the moment and know how much work is involved so I can definitely understand how long it's taken you......no pressure as it's such a beauty!
sew many hugs
Wendy :O) XO