Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Finished Before Christmas





I originally started this quilt to show at our local fair, but soon realized it was far to detailed to complete in just a few days. It had to be cut, the Scotties place on Muslina and then hand sewed with a blanket stitch. Once the inner and outer borders, batting and backing was added, I hand quilting around each Scottie.



Prior to binding it, I hand designe a leaf and vine quilting pattern on the borders and outlined it in green thread however, it doesn't show up very well, but it is there around the entire quilt.



The binding is a red, green and yellow Christmas Batik pattern and I hand sewed it on the back. All the dogs are a different Christmas fabric from scraps I had around the house and the borders are all Christmas fabrics!



I really like the way it came out though I did not like the brand or type of Muslin I purchased as it seemed to fray way to much and

I thought purchasing something for more than $9 per yard was good quality.


I loved the backing fabric as it looks like a crazy quilt.


As of tonight it is done and I added a Scottie Dog label to the back of it!


Another quilt completed!







11 comments:

Fiona said...

Very cute quilt... what a lot of work but it is worth it all...
Hugz

Maria said...

Wonderful quilt and you did a lot of work on it.
Great finish

sunny said...

I was planning to say exactly what Fiona said. Great quilt!

King of New York Hacks said...

Those scotties remind me of the dog in Monopoly. lol

Amorette said...

i love it! the color variation looks very good with this kind of quilt.

Laura said...

Oh I so need to finish some UFOs! I seem incapable of not starting new ones!!!

Promosyon said...

I am very happy to read that your sew is totally finished. And that colourful dogs toy shape, which you done in fabrics that is awesome.

Barb said...

I just love your quilts...those dogs are sooo cute....at first I thought they were bow ties (not using my glasses) but upon looking closer...wow!!!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

I love your quilt! The scottie dogs are adorable and the backing fabric is perfect...fun as the front! I'd love to see your scottie dog label :o)

Blessings & Aloha!

Anonymous said...

whow Sunny beautiful work,well done

portable eye wash unit said...

So much work and in this piece of art, you did a Great job.
I am thrilled that your mom purchased your quilt and that you are going to make one for your aunt as a gift.