If you wish to join please email us your details and we will send an invite if we have space to, if no space available we will add your name to our waiting list and we will email you to join us as soon as a spot is available.

Thanks Dawn and Wendy
x


Saturday, August 27, 2011

Late Postings of Finishes

I have been very busy over the last few months - firstly my eldest daughter got married on 2nd July and then my God Daughter on August 13th - both occasions necessitated a quilt (of course).
The quilt for my daughter was on my UFO list as it had stated life as a "maybe when they get engaged" present - but I wasn't ready for that so it became the wedding present. 
Here is the quilt I made for her and her husband. 


The central part of the quilt is made from a pattern published by Paula at PacificPatchwork based on - 1 Corinthians 13:4 - Love is Patient, Love is Kind etc.

The outside blocks feature words to live by - the pattern "Gifts of Grace" supplied by Val Laird and based on Galatians 5:22-23.  (There were 9 patterns supplied but 8 worked for me!!)

Some close ups:



The quilting - not mine - I sub contracted that!

and the label - I designed it in Word and printed it on printable fabric - easy to do but a little difficult to hand sew.


So that is #15 off the list I supplied - Love Is / Gifts of Grace Quilt  -  FINISHED!!

And another one:

I finished a second blue & cream quilt -  in time for my high school friend's "0" birthday in April. 


My bestest sewing mate gave me a beautifully stitched label to add to the back:
I originally bought quite a collection of blues creams and a bit of green to make the first "0" birthday quilt for another friend - and planned on making two together - but I still have enough left over for a third - wonder who that will go to??

Here is a close up of some of the 'starter' fabric - its a border print but it would have been too wide to use as a border on that sized quilt so I cut it into 6" squares and made coordinating 4 patch and 9 patch squares.

and



So that is #18 on my list - FINISHED!!!!


9 comments:

Maria said...

What a beautiful quilt you have made for your DD and her DH.

I am sure your friend will love her quilt for her "0" birthday

Leeanne said...

Stunning!! Pat on the back for you

Fiona said...

I love how you have combined two love designs into the one quilt... it is beautiful and I do love the floral one too... both fantastic quilts....
Hugz

cheryl said...

Liz, your quilts are stunning! Lovely work of colours, bet the recepients will love them

Barb said...

I just love love love your quilts, that first one is so wonderful!! Lots of work and love went into it! Congrats on the weddings!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

What a special treasure for your daughter and son-in-law's wedding gift. and the other for your friend's birthday!

Blessings & Aloha!

Inge said...

I do love your blue quilt!

Chris H said...

Well done on your finishes!
I think the blue quilt is just stunning.

Susan said...

they were rewarding to make!!