I think this is my 10th finish since I joined the group in May, so I am positively delighted with the inspiration Wendy, Dawn and fellow quilters have given me. Progress this year on reducing the cupboard full of UFO's has been made, so I'm looking forward to even better results next year - of course, it would help if I stopped making more projects to complete in the meantime!
[but then I wouldn't any to finish, would I?]
I photographed my lovely Christmas star wall-hanging today, and now the replacement 'universal' USB cord I had to doesn't want to fit my camera - agghhh, technology.... I will add a photo as soon as I can. Meantime, here's a bit of a description.
The project began life 3 or 4 years in a quilting group 'Round Robin'. My husband designed a lovely Christmas star several years earlier for me, so I used that in cream on a dark blue sky fabric as my centre. I did not see the project again until the end of the year when others had added their contributions in different rounds. I didn't like the final wide border, a metallic green, so off to the cupboard it went for several years. I finally decided the only way to finish it was to remove the green, and replace it with a narrow red border and a wider gold on cream outer border, and bind it in blue. These 3 fabrics tied in most of the colours used, and I'm happy to hang it in our lounge now.
Happy Christmas and a wonderful quilting year ahead to everyone at S.I. F.
3 hours ago