Saturday, February 25, 2012

Another two finishes


last week i finished these 3 hand towels that have been half made for around 2 years. The toppers were made just needed to have the towels added. These make my 5th finish.


My 6th finish and the biggest so far is my Iowa Girl tablecloth that I started over 5 years ago. The top was completed in the year it was started but I put it aside as I could not afford to have it professionally quilted & I knew it needed more than ditch quilting or the very poor stippling I have since tried. So this year I have joined SewCalGals FMQ challenge to help me get my confidence up with quilting. January's tut was free flowing flowers. Mine are all over the place and not very even but i had a go and it got another UFO happening. I finished the binding last night while watching a movie with my daughter.

4 comments:

Susan said...

That FMQ is proving to be very helpful, isnt it? Great to hear you took the plunge and did your own quilting after all.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Congratulations on your finishes! I just started FMQ.

Fiona said...

great finishes and excellent work on the fmq...
Hugz

Chris H said...

I can't quilt much either, I am glasd you got that finish done.