If you wish to join please email us your details and we will send an invite if we have space to, if no space available we will add your name to our waiting list and we will email you to join us as soon as a spot is available.

Thanks Dawn and Wendy
x


Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mystery UFO finished

I finished one UFO yesterday
but I can't show a picture as yet because I need to send it to the recipient first, hence the name for now of Mystery UFO.

Of course I am happy and proud to have finish one UFO of my list. But I am also ashamed it has taken me so long because this was a friendship project. I gathered the blocks in the Spring last year with a view of assembling and finishing the quilt to send it off in the summer. But life got in the way, I spent most of the summer with no energy, resting most of the time and being signed off work. Then I went back to work in September and I must admit I did pick that project first because I had so much to catch up with. So I only picked the blocks again towards the end of last year with the idea of finally making the quilt. I managed to piece the top before Baby Daughter was born but didn't go any further so, of course, it had been waiting since. Finally earlier this month, I picked it up again to add the border, quilt the top and this last week add the binding. The quilt is now finish and ready to fly!

Celine

2 comments:

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Congrats on the finish! I like the little sneak peek.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Nice finish, thanks for the peak.