If you wish to join please email us your details and we will send an invite if we have space to, if no space available we will add your name to our waiting list and we will email you to join us as soon as a spot is available.

Thanks Dawn and Wendy
x


Thursday, September 6, 2012

A September Finish # 15 ....


My quilt is done


Butterfly Garden - design by Leanne Beasley....

full of butterflies .....


and daisies....


and lovely words....


and sweet stitcheries....


looks perfect with spring growth .....




I used a wool/polyester blend - it gives the extra loft I wanted
you can see the quilting on the back - I did lots of stitch in the ditch around the applique - and some details in them... meandering over the rest and some fun quilting in some of the backstitched blocks


this picture is not so clear but I did a mini feather wreath and little feathers in the triangles


fits over the top of a queen bed  comfortably....


This quilt was my first needleturn work ..... each block was such a pleasure to make....

 I will miss doing it.... 

This was a UFO from last year... so it goes towards my Sew It's Finished item for September

# 15 sounds like I have done so well... I had a list of 30 at the beginning of the year... so half way through but I don't think the year is going to be long enough to finish them all

Righto, Gotto Go...... need to get out yet another UFO hiding away....
 

10 comments:

Fiona said...

..

Susan said...

I said it there - and now here - just gorgeous.

Chris H said...

Wow that quilt is just so cute... and wow to 15 finishes for the year! You Rock!

Lynette said...

Just beautiful. I love needleturn and hope this is the beginning of a lovely applique journey for you.
\

Maria said...

What a fabulous finish Fiona......

LynCC said...

woohoo! Yay for a finish. :D The butterflies on this are so sweet.

Needled Mom said...

That is just stunning. Beautiful work.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

So beautiful!!!

Blessings & Aloha!

Annette said...

It's beautiful! I made one too a couple of years ago and it's still a favorite.

LTT said...

WOW what a stunning quilt and 15 finishes - another wow!