Thursday, September 20, 2012

Repurposed UFO

Before we head off on our trip I decided I needed to make a laptop sleeve to protect my laptop from knocks and bumps. 
Checking through the box of UFOs and orphan blocks I found this piece . I have had it floating around for some years now, with the intention of using it for a cushion cover..  It was the perfect size for the laptop, so it became repurposed. 
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I “loosely” followed this tutorial,  added a pocket to the back, and used a different method to insert the zip.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
To finish off I took another UFO piece – I had quilted this with the intention of making a candle mat or mug rug from it, but hadnt finished it off.  I cut it down, finished off the edges, added non slip to the back and made it into a small and light mouse pad.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

6 comments:

Fiona said...

those are both lovely as well as useful projects from UFO's...
Hugz

Susan said...

Very clever use of "maybe" pieces...

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely projects great to use up the bits and pieces.

Needled Mom said...

Great projects. I know your laptop will be happy in there.

Chris H said...

Clever girl! And very cute finishes.

KJC said...

Super finishes. Its always a great feeling to reuse something.