Friday, September 28, 2012

Pastellation - Finish 16!

I didn't think I would get there so quickly, but it's done: My pastel tessellating pinwheels, now named Pastellation, are completed and the pics are ready to be send off for the Big Quilt Exhibition. It has been an interesting journey, the colours are very different to what I normally use, I hadn't done the pinwheels before, and instead of working out beforehand how big everything will be there was a lot of trial and error which can be quite scary! Here are some pics for you:



Pieced Back

Close up of back

Centre detail




Read more about it here. Now what to do for next month?!

9 comments:

Susan said...

I love the way that pettern works - great finish.

Annie said...

Past elation is pasteliscious! Love the pieced back too.

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful. I love the pastels.10

Wendyb said...

what a wonderful name for your quilt.....Love it! it's just perfect! Hope you win!
sew many hugs
Wendy :O) xo

Cath said...

oh my, that is so pretty!

Melody said...

Wow, such a gorgeous quilt.

Melody said...

Wow, such a gorgeous quilt.

Chris H said...

Your quilt is utterly gorgeous! Well done on such a stunning finish.

KJC said...

WOW it looks stunning. I love the quilting as well.