If you wish to join please email us your details and we will send an invite if we have space to, if no space available we will add your name to our waiting list and we will email you to join us as soon as a spot is available.

Thanks Dawn and Wendy
x


Monday, July 30, 2012

Autumn wall-hanging

This month, I used a panel I pieced together in October 2009 as part of a challenge to make a skinny wall-hanging.

My starting point this month was this little panel where I had initially sewn the 4 blocks in 2 x 2 rows but I decided I had made enough cushions lately, so I unpicked the panel to sew the blocks in 1 row of 4.

I also used this long-forgotten panel to practise my free-motion quilting and browsed the very resourceful  Free Motion Quilting Project blog before setting on the Sharp Stippling stitch.

I finished sewing the binding last night.
One less UFO in my sewing room, yeah!
Celine

3 comments:

Susan said...

Love those dimensional star things - whatever they are called!! and a great stippling design. well done

Chris H said...

Beautiful! Gorgeous finish.

Michelle said...

I love the pinwheels. I have a couple quilts hanging on the walls in my office that have those 3D pinwheel blocks mixed in with other blocks. On mine though, I sewed down the long side to keep them from 'flopping'. Your wallhanging looks great!