Sunday, July 8, 2012

A finish for July

I’ve been battling it out on my sewing machine this week, working on one of my long-standing UFO’s that I just kept postponing for fear of messing up.  (do you do that too….or is it just a ‘me’ thing???)  

Finally, finally, finally……this li’l baby has made it past the finish line…….

014 (Medium)

It’s my Market Baguette Bag…a Cinderberry Stitches design by Natalie Lymer and I just love it!   I made a couple of modifications…..magnetic clasps instead of the ties, as I know how frustrated I would become if I had to tie and untie them every time I went into my bag….and they work a treat!

019 (Medium)022 (Medium)

And I also stitched some vertical ‘fold’ lines into the sides, so they folded inwards rather than gaped out as I carried it around.

018 (Medium)

these little birdies are just so ‘tweet’!!!!! 

It’s now my ‘go to’ bag when I hit the shops…..and I continue to ask myself…….why oh why did it take me soooo long to finish it!?!

Off to look for more of those ‘scary’ UFOs to get to the finish line!!!  How about you????? 

Sugary hugs :O)

Signature

9 comments:

Kaye R said...

Yay, I do the same thing. Gorgeous bag, well done.

Fiona said...

such a lovely finish...
Hugz

Grit said...

Wow, was für eine tolle Tasche.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Maria said...

Your stitchery's on the bag are really "Tweet" and your bag is a great finish.

Susan said...

What a great bag- it will hold heaps..

Highland Monkey's said...

Yep, I do the same stuff it into a drawer in case I mess up! Lovely bag,and the little birdie is sweet. You going to pack it with lots of baguettes, yummy.

KaHolly said...

Your bag came out great! I'm in Nova Scotia, too, up in Cape Breton. I saw a comment you left at Phoenix Quilts. ~karen

lizZ said...

Great bag; beautiful stitchery - well done, worth the wait.

Chris H said...

OMY that is gorgeous! Well done.