Friday, July 27, 2012

My First Quilt for Aurora Colorado



This is my first completed project for getting 300 quilts to Aurora Colorado to help those affected by the tragedy that happened.  It is lap sized at 49 x 49, but I know it will warm someones heart to know we are thinking of them.


If you would like to donate, please see my Facebook site and all the quilts go directly to Aurora.  If you would like to get involved and don't have the funds for postage, I received a large check today to help with postage for people in need.  If it doesn't get used, I will send it to the center when all quilts are received.

I know people think we won't get 300, but I have faith in quilters all over the world and I know we can do this. After all a year ago, I personally sent 45 quilts to charities on my own.  Now, however I am a bit slower, but I have had one quilter make 4 quilts in the past 2 days.

Please know this is not a scam, all quilts go directly to Aurora: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aurora-Colorado-Emergency-Responder-Quilts/401592493230782

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is certainly a great cause.

Susan said...

Yes, a great idea - I'm sure you will reach your target - quilters in particular are very kind hearted and generous.

lizZ said...

My heart goes out to everyone affected. It's great to know you and many other compassionate quilters are offering love and practical comfort to those in need. Thank you.

Chris H said...

What a lovely thing to be doing.