Monday, November 19, 2012

Cushion cover # 17


Whenever I have wanted to do a quilt with a new technique I try and do something small first... just to check I can actually do it... and that I will enjoy it enough to finish a quilt....

This top was made to practice blanket stitching in 2009 and it has been sitting in my cupboard since...



I have finally used the lonely forgotten top to make a cushion.....



quilted pillowcase slip style cover for the backing....



I know I used a pattern from a magazine for the vase picture... not sure which one though....

Righto, Gotto Go....  I still have loads of UFO's... I wonder if you will get your list finished before the end of the year??????  I won't........ and I have made new UFO's this year too!

Are you doing Sew It's Finished again next year Dawn and Wendy???????


 

7 comments:

Susan said...

All we can do is keep plodding along - no way could we not start new things as they come along...
I hope Dawn & Wendy will keep this going - it seems to be motivating a lot of us.

Barb said...

That is adorable!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

How cute is that!!!

Maria said...

Gorgeous cushion and Yes would love to join "Sew it's Finished " as I still have lots of UFOs and sadly the list is getting longer....

sawsan said...

Thanks u find The pest look and home for this poor.
I love it

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful cushion, such a pretty vase of flowers!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Wonderful cushion! I think it is a great idea to try things on a smaller scale to see if we like it before starting on something large like a quilt.