Sunday, November 25, 2012

October and November finishes

When I bought my current sewing machine, about 10 years ago, one of the first lessons I did was these little embroidered flowers and pin tucks.  I was supposed to be making a camisole, but I didnt think my effort was good enough.  The flowers were ok but the pintucks were not so good.   (they puckered, as you can see in the photo). I cut out the piece and left it in a drawer in my sewing room.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I needed a little drawstring bag to take on holidays, and on looking for something to use I decided this would work well.OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

It travelled in my suitcase, and was perfect for what I needed it for.

So that was my very little October finish which I didnt even get to post before we went, and October was over by the time we came back home.

November’s finish is a little more exciting.

Shortly after getting Dawn’s Baseco Bag pattern, I made one which was for a friend, and then I received some pink charm squares for my birthday from a friend.  I immediately thought Baseco bag for myself.  I started, and almost finished the embroidery, then life got in the way.  I kept looking at the pink charm squares, longingly.  Finally I finished the embroidery at the end of last year and cut all the pieces.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Yesterday was the day -  Out came the box of bits and pieces, and by the end of the day I had made up the bag – and I LOVE it. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

4 comments:

Fiona said...

great remodelling idea for the drawstring bag... and I do love the Baseco you finished...
Hugz

Wendyb said...

Oh Marilyn your Baseco is just beautiful...I love it! Well done!
xox sew many hugs
Wendy :O)

Maria said...

Your Baseco bag looks great in PINK...

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Pretty drawstring bag and love the pink one. Great finishes.