If you wish to join please email us your details and we will send an invite if we have space to, if no space available we will add your name to our waiting list and we will email you to join us as soon as a spot is available.

Thanks Dawn and Wendy
x


Sunday, November 25, 2012

October and November finishes

When I bought my current sewing machine, about 10 years ago, one of the first lessons I did was these little embroidered flowers and pin tucks.  I was supposed to be making a camisole, but I didnt think my effort was good enough.  The flowers were ok but the pintucks were not so good.   (they puckered, as you can see in the photo). I cut out the piece and left it in a drawer in my sewing room.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I needed a little drawstring bag to take on holidays, and on looking for something to use I decided this would work well.OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

It travelled in my suitcase, and was perfect for what I needed it for.

So that was my very little October finish which I didnt even get to post before we went, and October was over by the time we came back home.

November’s finish is a little more exciting.

Shortly after getting Dawn’s Baseco Bag pattern, I made one which was for a friend, and then I received some pink charm squares for my birthday from a friend.  I immediately thought Baseco bag for myself.  I started, and almost finished the embroidery, then life got in the way.  I kept looking at the pink charm squares, longingly.  Finally I finished the embroidery at the end of last year and cut all the pieces.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Yesterday was the day -  Out came the box of bits and pieces, and by the end of the day I had made up the bag – and I LOVE it. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

4 comments:

Fiona said...

great remodelling idea for the drawstring bag... and I do love the Baseco you finished...
Hugz

Wendy B said...

Oh Marilyn your Baseco is just beautiful...I love it! Well done!
xox sew many hugs
Wendy :O)

Maria said...

Your Baseco bag looks great in PINK...

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Pretty drawstring bag and love the pink one. Great finishes.