When I bought my current sewing machine, about 10 years ago, one of the first lessons I did was these little embroidered flowers and pin tucks. I was supposed to be making a camisole, but I didnt think my effort was good enough. The flowers were ok but the pintucks were not so good. (they puckered, as you can see in the photo). I cut out the piece and left it in a drawer in my sewing room.
It travelled in my suitcase, and was perfect for what I needed it for.
So that was my very little October finish which I didnt even get to post before we went, and October was over by the time we came back home.
November’s finish is a little more exciting.
Shortly after getting Dawn’s Baseco Bag pattern, I made one which was for a friend, and then I received some pink charm squares for my birthday from a friend. I immediately thought Baseco bag for myself. I started, and almost finished the embroidery, then life got in the way. I kept looking at the pink charm squares, longingly. Finally I finished the embroidery at the end of last year and cut all the pieces.
Yesterday was the day - Out came the box of bits and pieces, and by the end of the day I had made up the bag – and I LOVE it.