If you wish to join please email us your details and we will send an invite if we have space to, if no space available we will add your name to our waiting list and we will email you to join us as soon as a spot is available.

Thanks Dawn and Wendy
x


Friday, November 30, 2012

Last of the month

I gave myself a pinch and a punch for the (second to) last of the month when I read Wendy's email about getting to 500 finishes. DH went off to night shift and I did my own night shift in my sewing room: I found the UFO bag with my discarded attempt at Storm at Sea in a 'flaming' colourway. after I had reread the instructions it was quite easy to make it 4 square in a square in a square blocks with the smaller sq in a sq. I found some (almost) matching black left overs (slightly too narrow but I have gotten good at cheating ;D). I turned out to approx. 50cm square after addition of some golden ribbon to one corner so I added some black moda to the back to make it a cushion cover (I have to admit, I don't have a matching pillow inner yet, DH looked for one locally today but no such luck).
The quilting is from Leah Day's FMQA, I think it's the sunflower (how does she get all her lines so straight?).
I like the 'brightness' of the finished result and hopefully it will get an inner soon! I have made a lot of cushion covers this year, I won't need any next year I suppose... Finish No. 18 I think :-)

5 comments:

Susan said...

Great looking cushion - well done on your finish.

Melody said...

Such a fabulous cushion.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I love fire-y look and the quilting is wonderful. My lines are never straight either. I guess it takes lots of practice.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Love your bright cushion. Great finish!

Wendy B said...

you go girl!!!
sew many hugs
Wendy :O) xo