Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Finally a finished Quilt!!

This quilt has been about 18 months in the making.  Started off making a table topper in the same colours - Moda Beach house (??) and I liked it so much decided that I'd like a quilt.  I used a charm pack and a layer cake.  To make the quilt bigger I added in the sashings and borders.  It was a fun quilt to make and quite easy but it sat for so long waiting for the borders to go on.  Finally on the weekend, I completed the borders and yesterday quilted it.  Last night was spent doing the binding.  I only quilted in the ditch - simple enough and I thought with the colours it didn't need a lot more.  I intended to cut the binding on the bias for a slightly different look against the border - but it just didn't work out and I knew that I was going to waste the fabric if I kept going, so it's a traditional binding.


I can finally put something on Sew it's Finished blog!!  Yeh!!

10 comments:

Artesanato said...

Maravilha seu blog. Vou segui-lo.Sou apaixonada por patchwork. Beijos

Chris H said...

Well done chick.... it's lovely.

We Four Explorers said...

What a lovely quilt! Maybe some day, I'll learn to make one like that. I can only hope to learn.
Have a great week,
Janet

Dawn said...

that looks great well done...
Hugs Dawn x x

Wendyb said...

Looks fantastic Marg....the simplest patterns are often the most effective.....and the slowest to finish!!!! LOL
LOVE it!
sew many hugs
Wendy :O) XX

Maria said...

Lovely and cheery quilt. Great finish.

johanne said...

Det ble et flott teppe .Gratulere!

BubzRugz said...

It's beautiful.... great finish...
Hugz

Marilyn said...

This is a beautiful quilt. Well done.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

very nice quilt...love the colours