Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Soldier's Star

Finished a little table-topper this week - my 19th finish!

A Soldier's Star Table Topper, 22" x 22"
It started as a design for a quilt inspired by my son serving with his army unit in Afghanistan.


I entered it into the AccuQuilt Barn Quilt Design Contest; and it actually won 2nd place in the contest (happy dance)!



Met the great folks from AccuQuilt at Spring Quilt Market held in Salt Lake City, UT last month, where they helped me to spend my winnings on a new Go! Cutter.


Next week AccuQuilt will host an unveiling ceremony where the top two designs will be displayed for the next year on their company headquarters in Fremont, Nebraska. Quilting icon, Eleanor Burns will be there to give a lecture on Barn Quilts in the USA and promote her new pattern book.
It's pretty exciting, and I hope to be able to make the 13-hour drive to attend the unveiling and hang out with Eleanor!

I think it will make a great quilt for my soldier when he returns home!  Now to get busy...

1 comment:

Marg said...

Beautiful table topper. Love the colours.