Friday, June 3, 2011

Jumping into the game a little tardy...

But I do need some motivation and maybe a little butt-kickin' to get on my list of UFOs.  So here I am.  I'm Doris, I started blogging in March 2008 (incidentally most of my orginal blog content was fessing up to the UFOs, USPs, and WIPs that I had stored away in my tiny apartment.  There were 20 of them at that time.  Some have been finished over the last three years (4 of them are still USPs--unstarted projects, so I didn't even include them here), and some are still on the list...


So... (deep breath....) here is my list of WIPs (works in progress):

Commission quilt #1, I'd love to have this finished and to my client by Father's day...
Commission quilt #2, the wedding is July 23rd, I plan to have signature blocks to her by June 30th, and the quilt done for the clients by Labor Day.
Finish quilting and binding this quilt that I posted as finished last OCTOBER!
Two Halloween Spider web quilts... my deadline is October 1, 2011!
Noah's baby quilt, started in September of 2010, my deadline is his first birthday (July 25th), here's a peek:
Blue summer dress I cut out for LAST summer.
Peppermint Twist quilt, (This was on the 2008 list)
Neighborhood quilt (sewconnected2 Bee blocks) from a 2009 Bee.
Cyclone quilt (One Block Over 2010 Bee blocks)...I probably have all of the blocks I am going to get, so need to get back on it.
Medallion quilt  the top is back in my possession, but I'm not in LOVE with it, so haven't quilted it yet.
Candied Hexagon quilt

Kansas City Star quilt, this was a joint UFQ, with my friend Toni.  We divvied up the blocks and fabric last June, so I have no reason for NOT finishing this!  (also on the 2008 list)
Nearly Insane quilt, (on 2008 list, a biggie...)
Birthday Signature Quilt, from my 2009 birthday!  Fabric donated and signature blocks given to me...
Flying Geese Table Runner.  From a workshop I took 14 months ago.

I have to go.  I need to start sewing....

Doris B.

8 comments:

Chris H said...

Oh my goodness, that is some list!
I hope you manage to do some of them this year!
ONWARD...

Wendyb said...

aw Doris...the hardest part is writing them down.....now, ten minutes at a time and you'll be surprised how they move!!!!.....slowly but surely...and enjoy the process....we don't start quilting as a chore so don't feel guilty, have fun and sneak time whenever you can!
:O) sew many hugs
Wendy :O)

RobynLouise said...

Did you realise you had so many quilts 'waiting' before you started the list? You've been busy to have so many to finish!

Maria said...

Go Girl and I look forward to seeing some finishes soon.
Says me who has many also. LOL

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

LOL you are too funny....quite the list you have there...good luck, with it.

Doris said...

@Chris--I'd better manage to so some of them this year! Ha!

@RobynK--The started small until I really looked into and around things in the sewing room... Thankfully, it's pretty organized right now.

Thanks for the push, I can use it!

Rai said...

That is quite a list Sandy, I hope you get some finishes under your belt.

I just wanted to say thank you for the lovely message you left on my blog. It was so sweet. I don't think anyone has ever called me an inspiration before.

Marg said...

My list is like yours - determined that 2011 will see my list of almost finished and half way there's decreasing! So far, so good. Lots to go.

Good luck with yours