Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A quilt done.... # 18

Sometimes a UFO is a nice quick easy one... and I have managed to get lots of them out the way this year.... this month I finished a bigger project... yay...... skip, skip.....

This is a quilt from a kit using fabric by Robert Kaufmann and a design by Amy Schimler called Animal Junction:


The colours are much more vibrant than it seems in the picture


squares on squares and cutting up a panel of the animal prints

I had fun with the back too 


simple straight line quilting to highlight the blocks....


..... I am very happy with this finish ....



7 comments:

BubzRugz said...

..

Dawn said...

LOVELY..well done.I love the fabric and it looks amazing, some little person will love this.
Hugs Dawn x x

Maria said...

You go girl. 18# finish and a gorgeous one too.

Sheila said...

Oh I love this Fiona , just sweet and the back was very clever too .

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Sew cute! Way to go!

Wendyb said...

I can see why!!!...It's gorgeous!
Love the fabric, and I agree....photos just don't do them justice sometimes!!!! (but it still looks fantastic....I'd love to see it for real if this is not at its best!!!!)LOL
sew many hugs
Wendy X :O)

Gmama Jane said...

A very cute quilt and I do love what you did with the3 backing?? I haven't gotten very creative with my backs so I need to get out of my comfort zone and step it up a notch with my backings! Thanks for the inspiration
Blessings
Gmama Jane