If you wish to join please email us your details and we will send an invite if we have space to, if no space available we will add your name to our waiting list and we will email you to join us as soon as a spot is available.

Thanks Dawn and Wendy
x


Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A quilt done.... # 18

Sometimes a UFO is a nice quick easy one... and I have managed to get lots of them out the way this year.... this month I finished a bigger project... yay...... skip, skip.....

This is a quilt from a kit using fabric by Robert Kaufmann and a design by Amy Schimler called Animal Junction:


The colours are much more vibrant than it seems in the picture


squares on squares and cutting up a panel of the animal prints

I had fun with the back too 


simple straight line quilting to highlight the blocks....


..... I am very happy with this finish ....



7 comments:

BubzRugz said...

..

Dawn said...

LOVELY..well done.I love the fabric and it looks amazing, some little person will love this.
Hugs Dawn x x

Maria said...

You go girl. 18# finish and a gorgeous one too.

Sheila said...

Oh I love this Fiona , just sweet and the back was very clever too .

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Sew cute! Way to go!

Wendy B said...

I can see why!!!...It's gorgeous!
Love the fabric, and I agree....photos just don't do them justice sometimes!!!! (but it still looks fantastic....I'd love to see it for real if this is not at its best!!!!)LOL
sew many hugs
Wendy X :O)

Gmama Jane said...

A very cute quilt and I do love what you did with the3 backing?? I haven't gotten very creative with my backs so I need to get out of my comfort zone and step it up a notch with my backings! Thanks for the inspiration
Blessings
Gmama Jane