Tuesday, October 30, 2012

2 months without a finish, but here is my 9th for the year

Hi everyone

I've been tangled up with technology hassles, so have not even looked at recent posts here for several weeks, sadly, and have missed the inspiration.  I've also been working on current projects, so they don't qualify for posting here, but I have finally made time for one lingering item from the back-log cupboard:  "Christmas Bells", a pattern from Just Patchwork, NSW.

This project started as all mine do - lots of energy and enthusiasm (in 2008?) - then this one went in the 'too hard' basket after I had all the fabrics fused in place.  The bias binding for the stained glass look beat me time after time whenever I brought out this project.  It simply would not sit right, so back in the cupboard it went.  I finally decided to overcome the difficulties this September and have fought with the nasty black tape for weeks until I am sort of satisfied with the result.  Then I had problems with the backing and quilting, so maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind when I completed it  today - photo of my finished project to follow when camera working again.  In the meantime, I'm attaching a photo of the original pattern so you can see what it should look like.


Again, I've been so impressed and inspired seeing what everyone has been creating.  Congratulations to those who have already managed to finish items this month, and happy stitching to the rest of us who still want to get more done.

1 comment:

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Looking forward to seeing the end result, I do love the Christmas Bells I have also made that one quite a few years ago now.