Thursday, October 18, 2012

Finish 15,16, and 17: Hay Bale, Ornaments, and Halloween

I Finished!  I started this quilt over 1 1/2 years ago and worked on it whenever there was time.  This quilt is for me and I usually have hard time finishing things for myself.  It's a large lap quilt and it will be great to snuggle under while reading.

The pattern is Edyta Sitar's Hay Bale.   I had Dan do the quilting for me - He does such beautiful work!  Look at the detail he quilted on each block - I never can figure out which pattern would work best and Dan and Joyce always manage to pick out just the right one -Thanks!

I also finished a couple of ornaments that must have been started over 10 years ago...it's amazing what you can find in a basement - there's enough to keep me busy for years.
 
 
Last but not least I finished a Halloween pattern I picked up over three years ago.  I traced the applique and started to collect fabric and then it was lost(?) in the basement.  It's bright and really brightens my door.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
 
 

8 comments:

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Barb said...

Your quilt is fabulous....and your Christmas ornaments and pumpkins....just lovely!

Dahra said...

Your quilt is beautiful, the border fabric is gorgeous.

Its always a great feeling when things are finished, that were started years ago :)

Maria said...

WOW!! Danette you have been busy and I love your finished UFO projects..

Susan said...

Your projects are amazing! Wow! I must confess that I simply adore your Halloween hanging!!!! So cute and so Halloween!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Thanks for the nice comments.( I can't get the responses to show up in my email)

KJC said...

WOW what a finish your quilt is. Its lovely.

Chris H said...

Beautiful finishes.