Tuesday, October 2, 2012

An October finish (#16)......

I had a deadline for early October to finish this quilt..... and it is done in time... yayayay

Here is where I was at last year when I photographed all my UFO's for this years Sew It's Finished challenge from Dawn and Wendy...... 


as this was a stitchalong with others I was well encouraged by others in the group to have this finished in time.... 

.... I have loved stitching each of the blocks......


..... and making the backing from leftover fabrics ......


.... I just gotta have a picture of the quilt in a tree...



So much inspiration and motivation from others to have this quilt finished .... thanks to everyone 
 

7 comments:

Marla's Crafts said...

That quilt looks like so much work and I like the back. I can't get over the work everyone puts in the back of a quilt.

Wanda said...

You did a great job. I've been watching the progress.

Wanda
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

Melody said...

You did a brilliant job.

Chris H said...

STUNNING! Well done on such a gorgeous finish.

Monika said...

The backing is a quilt top in itself! What a great double effort, love it!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Fiona, it's Gorgeous!!! I love you colors! I started this quilt and it might get finished in five or more years. Fantastic finish!

KJC said...

What a great finish and great looking quilt. So much work and attention to detail.