Monday, April 2, 2012

A Finish

Not often I get a finish on the first day of the month!

This was a Moda Project using Spring Fling. I had the kit in my cupboard for about 2 years. Finally decided this year that it would be at the top of my "get some things completed" list. I'd been told it was a quick and easy project. And it was until I realised the ruler I was using for the outer sashing was 12 inches and not 12 1/2!

So with some new fabric that blended quite well, I recommenced.

Finally yesterday the basting was done, quilted - just a simple in the ditch - binding done. Even the label.

This is going to be a year of finishing!



13 comments:

Barb said...

Wow..those colors just pop....love love love...it!

Dawn said...

looking good, love the happy face
Hugs Dawn x x

Ulrike said...

But you are diligent. Beautiful. The bottom quilt with the letters I particularly like.
I think I feel good here. I will come often :0)

Greetings
Ulrike

Susan said...

Love the colours in that quilt!

Klaudia said...

Woow, a great top is finished!
and many other things ..., that is, you've already done beautifully ....the coleurs are beautiful!

Greetings
Klaudia (germany)

Wendy B said...

love your positive outlook!!!....when life dishes up lemons....so the saying goes!!!!
Looks great too....and looks like it's loved already!
Many more finishes Marg.....great job!
sew many hugs
Wendy :O) xo

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Fun, fun, fun! Love the bright colors.

Lelia said...

Delightful colors!

Lovely - just lovely

Sinta Renee said...

Your Spring Fling is so sweet Sunny. I really love the alphabet quilt you finished also!

Michell said...

Love the colours

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Love the bright colors! Beautiful finish!

Lappedamen said...

The quilt is gorgeous. I love the colors. It is a nice feeling to finish a quilt. Good work,

Chris H said...

Very pretty quilt! Well done on such an early finish for the month.