If you wish to join please email us your details and we will send an invite if we have space to, if no space available we will add your name to our waiting list and we will email you to join us as soon as a spot is available.

Thanks Dawn and Wendy
x


Sunday, April 29, 2012

My new zig-zag cushion

Well, it is not even the last day of the month (here at least) and I have finished one UFO! It was even finished last night. I have made a new cushion for my sofa.

I started with this panel that I had pieced in August 2009 for a challenge on the BQL group, the aim was to work with half-square triangles only.
When I digged out this little panel, I wasn't sure how to quilt it so I tried to find some inspiration from a great book I refer to regularly Quilting Makes the Quilt by Lee Cleland. I loved the idea of a decorative stitch off-set from the seam.
I love the effect of the "zip" stitch I have used. I don't tend to use decorative stitch on my quilts, but cushions are a great base for experimenting!
Well one less UFO in my sewing room and one more cushion on my sofa.
Celine

6 comments:

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Your cushion looks great Celine! I don't normally use decorative stitches either but they look nice on a small project.

Fiona said...

lovely finish... the little bit of decorative stitches is a great addition.
Hugz

Susan said...

I think its a great way to use those decorative stitches that normally just sit there . . waiting for us to experiment. Great looking cushion.

Celine said...

thank you!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Love the decorative stitching on your pillow, great finish!

Chris H said...

WOW! Very pretty.