If you wish to join please email us your details and we will send an invite if we have space to, if no space available we will add your name to our waiting list and we will email you to join us as soon as a spot is available.

Thanks Dawn and Wendy
x


Saturday, April 28, 2012

Leo's BIG boy bed quilt

My darling grand son Leo turns 2 on May 6th, and he gets to go into a BIG boy bed.  So Nana Sue had to make him a new quilt for that.  Of course I made it to fit nicely on a single bed.

Its a simple square in a square pattern with the block centres being animals from a panel that I had in my stash for many years.  The bulk of the quilt is made using 10 little things range, perfect for little boys.

I quilted it in the ditch around each block and stipple on the borders.  The background is a soft blue with all over stars.

7 comments:

carol fun said...

What a perfect quilt for a big boy bed! He'll be sleeping under a blanket of love.

Susan said...

Great idea - Im sure he will love it to death.

Fiona said...

A great quilt to welcome a 2 year old into his very own big bed...
Hugz

Nancy said...

Very cute quilt.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Looks like a very snuggly little quilt for a big boy.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Cute quilt, I'm sure your granson will LOVE it! Great finish.

Chris H said...

I am sure he will love it. Well done on your finish.