Sunday, April 1, 2012

Just before the deadline

I finished one cushion before dinner tonight (Saturday 31st, although I think my post will be published on 1 April Australian time). I have been meaning to do it all month and only picked it up this afternoon. Nothing better than a deadline to get things done!
Anyway I started this cushion I think in January 2010. I had done the middle and the first round of logs (red ones) and I had all the fabric cut. When I picked it up again today, I couldn't remember how to do it properly so after the fourth attempt at adding the first block log I finally got it right!

I love the fabrics I used for the cushion but I didn't really like the method to make it. It is a "stitch and flip" method where you prepared your quilted pieces and sew them together in a way that leaves no raw edge on the top or backing so it is neat and finished once it's pieced. And although I didn't enjoy the method to make the cushion, I really like how it turned out. It looks lovely finished on the sofa in the living room, so much better than in pieces in a plastic bag under my sewing table!


Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful pillow, nice finish!

Susan said...

Certainly much beter finished than in a bag - Well Done

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Nice finish! I'm not always thrilled with the process but usually like the finished project.

Chris H said...

What lovely colours.. very pretty.