Monday, February 21, 2011

My First Finish for "Sew It"

Well, I had just just about given up even trying to complete anything. The weather has broken and I'll be outide till about August now.

I had actually finished this embroidery right around Thanksgiving, but didn't have time to make it into a pillow. I spent a lot of time making a jacket for my mother for Christmas and it was a priority.

This pattern called for a checkered border, but I left it off. It would have added a lot to the finished piece but I just wanted it finished. It also called for some cross hatching on the pumpkin stem, but I think it looks ok the way it is.

Now it's in the closet and I'll enjoy it this coming fall. Maybe I'll add some ribbon to it to really frame all that stitching.

9 comments:

sunny said...

I love this! Do you remember where you got the pattern?

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

that is so pretty

Leeanne said...

That is so nice, what a nice feeling it will be to get that out of the cupboard come thanks giving!

Maria said...

Lovely stitching. I like it just as it is. Does not need anything else.
Well Done

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Perfect and pretty pumpkin!
Blessings & Aloha!

Farah said...

So cute and adorable... love it ... such nice and easy stitches but your are so neat that gives it the true beauty...very lovely
Hope you would like to spare a little bit of your time for my new post, it’s something different I hope you will enjoy …
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

Susan said...

Weel Done - its always great to get another one off the list!

Amanda said...

Beautiful!

Jude said...

it looks great and i like the choice of stitches you have used.