Friday, February 25, 2011

Wish Quilt



Now that I have finished the emergency sewing for the sewing kits for the Queensland Flood Appeal, I am making good progress on my first UFO on my looooooooooong list.

I still have a little way to go to get the blocks together. I am putting this together completely different to the original layout as I don't have many large walls or spaces to hang largish quilts
so I have had to make this smaller. But there is trial an error in prepping the different blocks
to get them all to fit in together size wise. Definitely and improvisational way of quilting.

I think it is coming along quite nicely and I'm happy with the colour although probably not a real traditional christmas colour scheme but I have seen this used and I really like it.

There are a lot of you getting things completed which is great to see.



Among the Gum Tree Designers ~ Flood Appeal Sewing Kits
I hope these bring some comfort to whoever receives them.

Bye for now, Happy Cre8ting ~ from Liz

10 comments:

Jude said...

i like the colours in your Xmas quilt and the flood relief gifts look great.

Michelle said...

Wow you are such a good girl those relief kits are gorgeous!

Leeanne said...

Your Xmas quilt is looking great, I know someone who made this in reds.
Your relief kits are lovely and I'm sure who ever ends up with them will be very happy to receive them.

BubzRugz said...

The kits are beautifully done and will be much appreciated...
Hugz

Susan said...

I love the blue & red for Christmas - sometimes it's nice to have something dfferent. But your sewing goodies are gorgeous!

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

The kits are so great. I am sure, they will bring the recievers happiness.
The Christmas Quilt is cute and I am sure, you will have it done before Christmas comes ;-).

Sissel`s syglede said...

Tusen takk for hyggelig kommentar i min blogg. Ha en finfin lørdag kveld.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Your Wish quilt layout will be great. ...How wonderful when it is completed. And as far as the Flood Appeal Sewing Kits...what a great idea and they are so beautiful and so useful! They will be treasures for those that receive them.

Blessings & Aloha!

Sue said...

Just love your Christmas quilt Liz, looking really nice. Also your flood appeal kits are gorgeous! Very kind of you to do all that work. Would you please mind telling me the name of the christmas pattern please? Thanks, hugs n blessings, Sue x

Chris H said...

They are gorgeous, well done.