Friday, February 25, 2011

T-Shirt Quilt Finished

Hi everyone....it is a cool but sunny morning here in New Brunswick....I have a headache this morning....heavy snowy weather moving in for the weekend...it does that to me..but I am here posting my latest finish for all of you to see.....This is a quilt made from a young man's t-shirts....he is graduating high
school this year. His grandmother commissioned me to make this quilt for him to take away to college with him.  All of her grandsons get one with their favorite shirts...so here it is...I made a cushion cover and a large pillow sham to go with it....hope he likes it....the t-shirt blocks are tied; ever so lightly..and the sashing is hand quilted......

8 comments:

Susan said...

What a great momento to take away with him - love the way you have sashed it.

Sheila said...

What a great idea and you did a wonderful job on it , I am sure the young man will love it .
Sheila

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea! Very hard to make cool quilts for boys... I bet he'll love it!

Carli The Quilter said...

Lovely job, I make T-shirt quilts too. To see how I make them, visit my site.
http://www.eco-crazyquilter.com

Its my belief that recycling is one way that we can each help out our planet. Thanks for sharing.

Jude said...

What a lovely idea and a great way to recycle and it looks fabulous as well.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

What a perfect quilt to have at college and beyond! Our kids are grown and away and we still have a lot of their favorite tshirts from their high school sports days that would be great to put into a quilt. I love the hand quilted part on the sashing that you did.

Blessings & Aloha!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

thanks Maria....yes; you should do that for the kids....it is very easy...some people quilt on the t-shirt blocks...but this lady didn't want that done....it can be hard on the transfers...have a great day.

Chris H said...

What a wonderful idea! And the quilt it just lovely.