I just posted this on my blog:
I have a finish. Yup you read that right, I finished something. It's not a UFO but it only took...ALL DAY yesterday. I did it all by hand (remember, I don't have any place to put my machine right now).
Oh would you like to see what I did? Take a look at this:
It's a mug rug. My first one. I gave it as a gift to a friend today for valentines. My friend is my secret sister at my church so it is a secret but I want to make a label for the back to put on whe we reveal in the next couple of months.
Ok, now here is the particulars. It's about 9 to 10 inches across and 6.5 to 7 inches high. The stitchery is from Alex Anderson's redwork garden stitchery free patterns ( you can get it here ). I used the tutorial that Jodi at Pleasant Home put on her blog as a starting point and then did my own thing.
The stitches are a bit big, but the only thing I can say about that, was that I did it between midnight and 3 am.
This is the back. I think, considering I did this so late, it turned out very good.
This is just to show you how it compares to the spool of thread I used to quilt it with.
Yeah me, one down...let's not go into how many to go.
Talk to you later,