Monday, February 14, 2011

My first finish!!!

Hello everyone,
I just posted this on my blog:

I have a finish. Yup you read that right, I finished something. It's not a UFO but it only took...ALL DAY yesterday. I did it all by hand (remember, I don't have any place to put my machine right now).

Oh would you like to see what I did? Take a look at this:

It's a mug rug. My first one. I gave it as a gift to a friend today for valentines. My friend is my secret sister at my church so it is a secret but I want to make a label for the back to put on whe we reveal in the next couple of months.

Ok, now here is the particulars. It's about 9 to 10 inches across and 6.5 to 7 inches high. The stitchery is from Alex Anderson's redwork garden stitchery free patterns ( you can get it here ).  I used the tutorial that Jodi at Pleasant Home put on her blog as a starting point and then did my own thing.

The stitches are a bit big, but the only thing I can say about that, was that I did it between midnight and 3 am.

This is the back. I think, considering I did this so late, it turned out very good.

This is just to show you how it compares to the spool of thread I used to quilt it with.

Yeah me, one down...let's not go into how many to go.

Talk to you later,
Wanda

4 comments:

Susan said...

Yay! Brilliant effort considering you have no machine and it was the middle of the night!!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

You're too funny.....it is very sweet..did a wonderful job...

RobynLouise said...

Brilliant hand sewing and it looks lovely. Don't think about the ones to do, think that you've finished one so that's one you don't have to do!

Sue said...

That is lovely. Congrats on your finish.