Monday, February 28, 2011

DOES IT COUNT?

I was asked to make a Baby Bag for a fellow blogger/weight loss friend (Jo) a few months ago. 

But I had not started it.... until last friday when I finally got around to making it.... well Jo's baby is due in a few weeks so I thought I really better!

So, maybe it wasn't  really a UFO... more a 'not started yet UFO'... HA HA.

Anyway, I made the Baby Bag, then decided to make a matching Change Mat as I had enough fabric left over... and THEN I had JUST ENOUGH left over again to make a wee matching bag for Jo's 6 year old daughter... so I did.

ABOVE:  the finished products.  I must say I'm really pleased how they came out... I really enjoyed making the wee bag for Jo's daughter....

As Jo is not expecting the Change mat and little girl's bag I am dying to see what she thinks of them when she gets them in the post in a day or two.

So, that's another 'finish' for me... still got quite a few but not much time right now.... life gets in the way of sewing sometimes!
ONWARD....

9 comments:

Cheryll said...

Oh this set is just sooo pretty. What a lovely gift!
(PS. what size did you make the change mat?) :)

Wendyb said...

If it was on the list Chris, it counts!!!! It is very pretty....I bet the new mum loves it!!!
hugs
Wendy :O)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

they area adorable....

Karen en Marc said...

It does counts. I love it, she will be so so so happy. Well done.

Susan said...

The colours are just gorgeous and it doesnt matter at all if they werent on the list to start with - its a finish and thats what counts! I find its work that gets in the way of my sewing hobby, life I can often juggle around a bit.

Sue said...

These are just SO adorable, your friend will be absolutely thrilled to bits, I am sure. I just love the colours and the designs, very clever. Did you have a pattern for the little bag, or did you make it up? Hugs n Blessings from Sue x

Chris H said...

I made up the pattern for the little bag Sue.
The change mat is really quite big... babies can get BIG eh? lol
As for the dimensions... I can't tell you as I already posted it... but roughly 1 metre X .75cm.

Sue said...

Thanks Chris, you did a great job! Hugs n Blessings from Sue x

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

These are wonderful! And extra sweet is the little bitty bag! They are going to be happily surprised.

Blessings & Aloha!