Tuesday, March 1, 2011

New Finishes

Hello everyone,
I just posted this on my blog - 3 more finishes.

First, I'm doing okay. I've not had any pain medicine today. I'm not in pain but am really sore.

Second, I've gotten a few things done and a couple that are nearly done.

The first completed item is for my granddaughter. I enjoyed working on this one.


Wall hanging for my granddaughter.



I hand sewed the binding on and there is a sleeve on the back for use with a dowel to hang from.

This is from a pattern I've had on my computer for a very long time. It's called a candle rug. It's made from felt. It was okay but not one of my favorite things to do.


4 layers of hearts plus the foundations.



It's not that big. I have a small hand.



Hand sewn with the blanket stitch. Every layer was put on seperately with blanket stitches.


I follow Bonnie on Quiltville and awhile back she showed a box that was given to her. It was made from a tissue box. I took the tutorial and used it to make one for me (I used a larger box because it is what I had). The tutorial is on Weekend Wisdom blog by Chris.



Side and bottom.



Top and side.



The opened end. It doesn't overlap enough for me to use velcro but I had these clips that I will use.

So that makes 3 that are finished. I have the final stitcheries to go on the Raggedy & Friends from Karen at The Painted Quilt. I also have a tutorial coming for you. I received some satan ribbon that I am using to make a pillow. I was working on the tutorial and then I hurt my back. As soon as I get back on my feet, I will finish it.

I also have another pillow that I was challenged to make. It is a 3 dimensional, felt pillow. I'm about 1/3 of the way through it. I don't really like it so far but I'm not done, so we will see when I get done if I will do anything like it again.

Tutorial and more pictures coming later.

Talk to you soon,
Wanda
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Chris H said...

Both are super cute!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Yay for your finished projects ;o) How great for your granddaughter to have that pretty quilt wall hanging!

Blessings & Aloha!