If you wish to join please email us your details and we will send an invite if we have space to, if no space available we will add your name to our waiting list and we will email you to join us as soon as a spot is available.

Thanks Dawn and Wendy
x


Sunday, March 13, 2011

UFO's 11 & 12

Last year I started 12 blocks from Sentimental Journey stitcheries... instead of making one quilt I have decided these would go into individual items..... this month I made one of them into a drawstring bag for stitchers affected by floods in Queensland.... only the one bag witht the stitchery quote is a UFO... the others are new (I didn't have a separate picture):


This weekend I worked on Free Motion Quilting and finished off this quilt that has been lurking.....


I wasn't sure about the colours which is why it took me ages to do
... but as a finished item it is not too bad...


my first attempt at a fairly loose meandering
...... improved as I went along....
a tip I learnt
make sure the needle is in properly!


I especially like the fabric used for the border..... cheers it up a bit .....


on Tall Handsome's favourite chair
ready for those cooler Autumn evenings



Fiona-Bubz


7 comments:

BubzRugz said...

..

Chris H said...

Oh that quilt is really lovely!

Julze said...

great job!! Isn't is so satisfying getting something finished!

Maria said...

Looks like a great quilt to snuggle under on that comfy chair.

Wanda said...

What a beautiful quilt. You did a great job. I haven't even tried free motion quilting yet...on my to do list...but you seem to have done a great job.

Wanda
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

Wendy B said...

I've got those stitcheries stored away in my hard drive for the inevitable 'one day' too!!! I love how you've used them...what a great idea!
And that quilt looks perfect!
you really are hooting through your list fiona....whoo, I'm impressed!!!!!
sugary hugs
XX Wendy :O)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Wonderful quilt! And I can't wait to try free motion quilting...

Blessings & Aloha!