Sunday, March 13, 2011

UFO's 11 & 12

Last year I started 12 blocks from Sentimental Journey stitcheries... instead of making one quilt I have decided these would go into individual items..... this month I made one of them into a drawstring bag for stitchers affected by floods in Queensland.... only the one bag witht the stitchery quote is a UFO... the others are new (I didn't have a separate picture):


This weekend I worked on Free Motion Quilting and finished off this quilt that has been lurking.....


I wasn't sure about the colours which is why it took me ages to do
... but as a finished item it is not too bad...


my first attempt at a fairly loose meandering
...... improved as I went along....
a tip I learnt
make sure the needle is in properly!


I especially like the fabric used for the border..... cheers it up a bit .....


on Tall Handsome's favourite chair
ready for those cooler Autumn evenings



Fiona-Bubz


7 comments:

BubzRugz said...

..

Chris H said...

Oh that quilt is really lovely!

Hopes Handcrafts said...

great job!! Isn't is so satisfying getting something finished!

Maria said...

Looks like a great quilt to snuggle under on that comfy chair.

Wanda said...

What a beautiful quilt. You did a great job. I haven't even tried free motion quilting yet...on my to do list...but you seem to have done a great job.

Wanda
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

Wendyb said...

I've got those stitcheries stored away in my hard drive for the inevitable 'one day' too!!! I love how you've used them...what a great idea!
And that quilt looks perfect!
you really are hooting through your list fiona....whoo, I'm impressed!!!!!
sugary hugs
XX Wendy :O)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Wonderful quilt! And I can't wait to try free motion quilting...

Blessings & Aloha!