Thursday, March 3, 2011

A finish and thank you


This is a quilt that I made for my granddaughter.
 The striped area was supposed to be sewn strips of fabric.
But, I  "cheated"  and just used striped fabric..
the pattern had bird where my flower is.
I drew a flower pattern onto heavy paper, traced onto the
back of my fabric, then cut flower fabric out
The quilt was machine quilted BEFORE I hand
sewed the flower on.  It is stitch with cotton
crochet thread.
THANK YOU to the creators of
SEW ITS FINISHED!!
for this wonderful place where we
can all SHARE!

5 comments:

BubzRugz said...

Great finish.. the flowere really makes it stand out...
Hugz

Susan said...

I'm sure your grand daughter will LOVE it

Unknown said...

Your grand daughter is very lucky. Your quilt came out great!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Pretty purple, pink posy are perfect for your granddaughter. :o) Extra special since they are made for her from you :o)

Blessings & Aloha!

Wendyb said...

Our pleasure, Annie! You've done a fab job too! We're sure your granddaughter will LOVE it!
hugs
Dawn and Wendy :O)