Thursday, March 3, 2011

A finish and thank you


This is a quilt that I made for my granddaughter.
 The striped area was supposed to be sewn strips of fabric.
But, I  "cheated"  and just used striped fabric..
the pattern had bird where my flower is.
I drew a flower pattern onto heavy paper, traced onto the
back of my fabric, then cut flower fabric out
The quilt was machine quilted BEFORE I hand
sewed the flower on.  It is stitch with cotton
crochet thread.
THANK YOU to the creators of
SEW ITS FINISHED!!
for this wonderful place where we
can all SHARE!

6 comments:

BubzRugz said...

Great finish.. the flowere really makes it stand out...
Hugz

Susan said...

I'm sure your grand daughter will LOVE it

A Girl said...

Your grand daughter is very lucky. Your quilt came out great!

Chris H said...

What a lovely quilt!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Pretty purple, pink posy are perfect for your granddaughter. :o) Extra special since they are made for her from you :o)

Blessings & Aloha!

Wendy B said...

Our pleasure, Annie! You've done a fab job too! We're sure your granddaughter will LOVE it!
hugs
Dawn and Wendy :O)