Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Slash Bag again


Here is the my latest Slash bag.I started making these bags to sale at a craft stall to raise money for a Hospice. The stall never aventuated so I was left with a large pile of fabric (how sad).
Each time I make one it looks so different from the last.
They always find a home soon after they are finished and sometimes before.
Not sure were this one will go.
Sandra


Sewing across the fabric

Fuzzed up cuddly bag

Here are a few more pictures Chris H, so you can see what happening.

9 comments:

Chris H said...

OK.. very pretty.
Why are they called 'Slash Bags'?

Craft to Do said...

Ok Chris H,
The bag is made up of 4 layers of material. Then you sew lines across the material (about sewing machine foot width apart) then slash 3 layers and wash. The material frays and goes soft and fuzzy. So that is a slash bag. Will put a close up photo on so you can see the material detail. OK Sandra

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! The fabric looks great and the cutting is so effective.

Maria said...

Love the colour and the print in this gorgeous slash bag.
So what NO. finish is this???

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

nice bags...it is chenielling...right?...probably not spelled right though...lol

Craft to Do said...

Just second finish, Maria
Sandra :-)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Chris, Your slash bag looks great! I've never seen one of these before...I'm heading over to your blog to see if you have more posted on it...do you have instructions too?

Blessings & Aloha!

Marjorie, that is cool...that you wrote your comment, cuz the texture does look like my chenille bedspread that I had as a kid.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

oops! I saw you wrote that last line to Chris H! Sorry about that... I should have paid better attention!

SANDRA ;o), I love your slash bag!

Blessings & Aloha!

RobynLouise said...

Wow, what a neat idea!