If you wish to join please email us your details and we will send an invite if we have space to, if no space available we will add your name to our waiting list and we will email you to join us as soon as a spot is available.

Thanks Dawn and Wendy
x


Saturday, January 26, 2013

A quick finish–that took 12 months

In January 2012 I signed up for the Pond House BOM at my LPS, but after completing block one I decided that this quilt was not for me so I cancelled.
For the past 12 months the centre block has been sitting pinned to my design wall waiting for some inspiration.  My initial idea was to make it into a bolster cushion or something similar.
IMG_0064
Yesterday afternoon I had my mini version of FNSI and started cutting up scraps in similar colour ways to the block.  Then today I added a border, quilted it in an all over loopy design and wholla, I have a new table runner.

IMG_0068
IMG_0067IMG_0069

7 comments:

Noela said...

Lovely use of your of your block Sue. Hugs....

Chris H said...

Very nice! I love the colours you used. I am a 'blue' freak, but am slowly coming to love other colours too.

Susie said...

great thinking! I love the fabric.

Maria said...

Nice one Sue...

Fiona said...

I love how you used your block... great runner.

Hugz

Wendy B said...

turned out beautifully Sue...don't you just love those kind of finishes!!??? and a great one for FNSI too!!!!
xox sew many hugs
Wendy :O)

Marilyn said...

It is good to be able to finish off those stray blocks isnt it. Your finish looks gorgeous.