Wednesday, March 7, 2012

3rd Finish for 2012

Here is my 3rd finish for the year. I had hoped to finish it in February but didn't quite make it.

I am really happy with it. It turned out really nice and sorry I never finished it earlier. Only took I think between 8 - 10 years to finally finish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I machine sewed the binding down again. I attach the binding to the back first then sew it
down on the front. It is so much faster than hand sewing down at the back and much faster at
getting these UFOs finished quicker.

the front view of binding before sewing down


the back view of binding

Now off to pull out and dust off my next UFO. A bit different in colour scheme than the last 3. More pretty colours and an applique project.

Til next time, Happy Cre8ting

from Liz A

12 comments:

Susan said...

That is such a great pattern - a few of my friends have done it. Love the idea of speeding up the binding process! Lovely runner!

rubyslipperz1052 said...

great binding option, thanks for sharing it! pretty embroideries!
hugZ,
annie
anniesrubyslipperz.com

sunny said...

Wonderful!

Cath said...

It is lovely and I am pretty sure I recognise the pattern or maybe I have a similar one in my stash. Table runners are probably my favourite thing to make.
Cath xxx
Bits 'n Bobs

Fiona said...

Beautiful... I do love a combination of stitchery, patchwork and quilting
Hugz

Betsy said...

This runner is stunning. Congratulations on the beautiful finish.

Wendyb said...

You've done a fab job Liz....a friend of mine has done the same in redwork and using reds and creams......love your version!
A fantastic finish!
xo Wendy :O)

Laura said...

Wow! Great table runner! I love the colors you used. Congrats on a great finish!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful table runner, love the embroidery on the blocks! Thanks for sharing a quicker way for binding

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

I love embroidery and quilting together. Nicely done!

Auntie Em said...

What a beautiful table runner. I love the combination of embroidery with piecing.

RandR Serenity said...

What a really lovely table runner.
Love the colours and the stitcheries.
Hugs